Tuesday, October 19, 2010

So you want the 411 on how great God is? Okay i'll give it to you

      First off - God is GOOD! I think it's almost becoming tradition that those words cross the page each time I blog, but it becomes more and more evident to me every day.
      I want to share a little bit of His goodness that was revealed to me tonight during worship. Tuesday nights are night class. We start out with worship at 7 and then it moves into the speaker for that week doing a night session of his or her topic. This week we are talking about prayer and hearing God's voice. The things that Mike Phillips has to say are resonating with my soul in a way that I need so badly.
    Okay so take it back about two weeks during "angels and mortals week" - Randall a staff member had me as his "mortal" - so during that week He blessed me in different ways. One of the ways as I think I mentioned in an earlier blog was leaving a big orange pumpkin in front of my door. Little did he know, I had been wanting a pumpkin and was planning on going to buy one that weekend. My pumpkin has continued to become quite the part of me in the past weeks. His name is Stanley and has sat in my room for the past two weeks - gotten punctured by a pen and fixed with a band aid, as well as laid on like a pillow [breaking his neck(stem) off]...Needless to say we have been through it all together in the past weeks.
      Fast forward to tonight in worship. We had been singing for two or three songs and Randall comes over to me because God had laid something on His heart to tell me. He starts off by saying "I think God wants to give you a pumpkin tonight Eliza." We both laugh, because he was saying it symbolically to emphasize that He felt strongly God wanted to give me what I wanted tonight, and just bless me with what I desired from the Lord spiritually. He said he had no idea what looked like, but He just felt God was going to do it. Worship continued on and ended up being one of the best times of worship I have had so far here. God gave me what was on my heart tonight along with other confirmations and just a great time of being at the feet of Jesus worshipping Him for His goodness. Mike goes on to speak and an awesome service finishes. Afterwards I walk up to my room and what do I find but a little miny pumpkin on my doorstep! Our God is SO COOL! Randall didn't put it there, it was just there! With a face drawn on and the name Bernie written on the bottom. Man oh man, God just loves to take us literally sometimes and show His sense of humor. He is so great. I cannot stop praising Him right now. He will give us the desires of our hearts, even in the little joys like a pumpkin on your doorstep. God took a symbolic object someone used to encourage me and turned it into a literal sign - He is RIGHT there waiting for us to respond, waiting for us to love Him back.
       God isn't hiding from us. This journey called faith isn't a big game of hide and seek where we'll find the love of Jesus if we're lucky. So many of us have it turned right around to think there is some formula that can be followed, or a perfect prayer to be prayed to earn the love of our Father... God has created us with free choice - he stands at the door and knocks, LET HIM IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment